Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Letter H

Our letter H words are Hat, Horse & Hippo.


Possible Storytime Books:
Hidden Hippo by Joan Gannij
Which Hat is That? by Anna Grossnickle Hines
Buy My Hats by Dave Horowitz
Who Took the Farmer's Hat? by Joan Nodset
Are You a Horse? by Andy Rash
This is the Hat by Nancy Van Laan
Hilda Must be Dancing by Karma Wilson

 
Craft Links:
Hippo Craft
or
Horse Craft

Songs & Rhymes:

Silly Hat Song
Sung to: "This Old Man"
On my head, I wear my hat
It is such a silly hat
That my head goes wibble wobble, to and fro
Where else can my silly hat go?
[have kids name other body parts to put their "hat" on:
Shoulder, Knee, Foot, etc.]

Hippo Hop Hokey Pokey
You put your clean foot in,
You take your dirty foot out
You put your clean foot in
And you shake it all about,
You do the hippo hop, and you hop down in the mud,
That's how a hippo cools off!

Other verses:
Hands, Elbows, Head, Rump

I Hop on My Horse
I hop on my horse and go to town
[pretend to hop on horse]
I ride up high and I don't fall down
[pretend to ride horse]
I wear a hat so my hair won't blow
[put your hand on your head]
And when I want to stop, I just say, "Whoa!"
[pretend to pull back on the reins]

No comments: