Friday, July 22, 2011

The Letter G

Our letter G words are Goat, Goose, Gorilla & Giraffe.


Possible Storytime Books:
Little Gorilla by Ruth Bornstein
There’s a Billy Goat in the Garden by Laurel Gugler
Bill Grogan’s Goat by Mary Ann Hoberman
Silly Suzy Goose or Look Out, Suzy Goose by Petr Horacek
Silly Little Goose by Nancy Tafuri
“Pardon?” said the Giraffe by Colin West
Gorilla! Gorilla! by Jeanne Willis


Craft Links:
Gorilla Craft
or
Giraffe Craft
(if you have enough paper towel rolls)


Songs & Rhymes:

Little Black Gorilla
Sung to: "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
A little black gorilla went up the banana tree
When he reached the top, he was stung by a bee!
Down came gorilla with a stinger in his knee
And the little black gorilla cried,
“Mama, please help me!”

My Silly Billy Goat
Sung to: "The Wheels on the Bus"
My silly billy goat eats clothes off the line,
Clothes off the line, clothes off the line
My silly billy goat eats clothes off the line
As soon as I hang them up!

Other verses:
My silly billy goat eats shirts and pants…
My silly billy goat eats socks and shoes…
My silly billy goat eats hats and coats…

Giraffe
A giraffe is as tall as tall can be
[stretch arms way up]
He eats leaves right off the trees
[open and close hands]
His legs are long and his neck is, too
[point to legs and neck]
And he can run faster than me or you!
[run in place]

No comments: