Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Letter K

Our letter K words are Kitten, Kiss, Kite & Kangaroo.


Possible Storytime Books:
We Like Kites by Stan Berenstain
Someone Bigger by Jonathan Emmett
Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes
Katie Loves the Kittens by John Himmelman
Counting Kisses by Karen Katz
Kite Flying by Grace Lin
The Kiss that Missed by David Melling
Pouch by David Ezra Stein

 
Craft Links:
Kangaroo Craft
(scroll down to Crafts: mama kangaroo with baby)
or
Simple Kite Craft


Songs & Rhymes:
Five Little Kittens
Five little kittens standing in a row
[hold up five fingers]
Nodding their heads to the children, like so
["nod" your fingers]
They run to the left,
They run to the right,
["run" fingers to left and right]
They stand up and stretch in the bright sunlight
[strech fingers up straight]
Along comes a dog who's in for some fun--
[use other hand as dog]
"Meow!", see those kittens run!
[make fingers "run" away]

I Wish I Were a Hopping Kangaroo
Sung to: "If You're Happy and You Know It"
Oh, I wish I were a hopping kangaroo, (hop hop)
Oh, I wish I were a hopping kangaroo, (hop hop)
For if I were a 'roo,
Then my feet would be so huge!
Oh, I wish I were a hopping kangaroo (hop hop)

Other verses:
...For if I were a 'roo, I'd be red or gray or blue
...For if I were a 'roo, I would hop right up to you

My Kite
Sung to: "The Farmer in the Dell"
My kite is up so high,
My kite is up so high,
Oh my, just watch it fly,
My kite is up so high

My kite is falling down,
My kite is falling down,
Oh no, it's down so low,
My kite is falling down

The wind has caught my kite,
The wind has caught my kite,
What fun, I'm on the run,
The wind has caught my kite

No comments: