Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Letters U & V

Our letter U & V words are Umbrella, Up, Puppy, Bug, Vegetable & Van.
This is a sad little storytime, I'm afraid. But I will add more book possibilities as I find them!


 Possible Storytime Books:
One Pup's Up by Marsha Chall
Growing Vegetable Soup by Lois Ehlert
This is the Van that Dad Cleaned by Lisa Ernst

My Pup by Margaret O'Hair
The Very Ugly Bug by Liz Pichon
A Great Day for Up by Dr. Seuss
Hug a Bug by Eileen Spinelli

 
Craft Links:
Umbrella Mobile Craft
or
Simple Umbrella Craft
Scroll down to "Crafts" section--Umbrella Picture.


Songs & Rhymes:
Five Little Puppies
Five little puppies were playing in the sun
This one saw a rabbit, and he began to run
This one saw a butterfly, and he began to chase
This one saw a cat, and he began to race
This one tried to catch his tail, and he went round and round
This one was so quiet, he never made a sound.

The Umbrella Song
Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot"
Here's my new umbrella,
Wide and high
It keeps me cozy,
Warm and dry.
If the rain starts falling
From the sky,
Just open me up,
And you'll stay dry!

 
The Vegetable Garden
Sung to: "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush"
Here we go round the vegetable garden,
The vegetable garden, the vegetable garden,
Here we go round the vegetable garden,
So early in the morning.

Other verses:
Pull the orange carrots out...
Pick red tomatoes off the vine...
Brown potatoes, dig them up...
Orange pumpkin--heave, ho!...

No comments: