Friday, July 22, 2011

The Letter F

Our letter F words are Frog, Fish & Farm.


Possible Storytime Books:
Farm Flu by Teresa Bateman
A Frog Thing by Eric Drachman
Color Farm by Lois Ehlert
Jump Frog, Jump by Robert Kalan
Down on the Farm by Merrily Kutner
Better Move On, Frog by Ron Maris
Little Fish, Lost by Nancy Van Laan
Ten Little Fish by Audrey Wood


Craft Links:
Cool Frog Craft
or
Simpler Frog Craft
or
Handprint Fish Craft


Songs & Rhymes:

Five Green and Speckled Frogs
Five green and speckled frogs
Sitting on a speckled log,
Eating the most delicious bugs—YUM YUM!
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool,
Then there were four speckled frogs.

Four green and speckled frogs…
[count down to zero]

I'm a Little Fishy 
Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot"
 I'm a little fishy, I can swim.
Here is my tail, Here is my fin.
When I want to have fun with my friend,
I wiggle my tail and dive right in.


The Animals on the Farm
Sung to: "The Wheels on the Bus"
The cow on the farm goes moo moo moo,
Moo moo moo, moo moo moo
The cow on the farm goes moo moo moo
All day long.

Other verses:
The pig on the farm goes oink oink oink...
The ducks on the farm go quack quack quack...
The sheep on the farm go baa baa baa...
The horse on the farm goes neigh neigh neigh...
The rooster on the farm goes Cock-a-doodle-doo!...

No comments: